- A Place to Bury Strangers -- s/t (2007)
- Arovane -- Tides (2000)
- Arovane -- Lilies (2003)
- The Chameleons -- Script of the Bridge (1983)
- The Chameleons -- Strange Times (1986)
- Mekons -- OOOH! (Out Of Our Heads!) (2002)
- Mekons -- Natural (2007)
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds -- The Boatman's Call (1997)
- Public Image Ltd. -- Metal Box (1979)
- Scritti Politti -- Cupid & Psyche 85 (1985)
I've really enjoyed all of the above albums (OOOH! is incredible), but the real star is the first Chameleons album, Script of the Bridge.
Mark Burgess and co. spent two years gigging and doing radio sessions before they felt ready to record their debut, and all their preparation really paid off. Anthemic, haunting, alienated, and beautiful -- Script of the Bridge epitomizes some of the best aspects of post-punk. If there were any justice in the world, The Chameleons would have been at least as big as U2.